Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day One!

Hello everyone!

I'm officially here safe and sound. Surprisingly, there weren't any crazy mishaps--most of the Butler students sat by each other on the plane (everyone was jealous; I was the only one who slept almost the whole trip...Tylenol PM is magic) and we all got our luggage right when we landed. Professor Willem met us at the airport and we took a bus to Alcala where we met our mamas.

Everyone here eats lunch around 2pm, so after I got settles my mama made me and Danielle, another Butler student, a TON of food- we ate salad, eggplant (berenjena), potatoes, chicken, bread, soup, AND peaches (melocotones). I definitely won't starve out here. We also watched Spanish Wheel of Fortune and immediately thought of my mama (my real mama, not my spanish mama)...this is probably the ONLY time I'll ever be able to beat her at this game!

I got a chance to walk through the city a bit with Danielle. It's rainy and overcast today, but in the next day or two it should be 95 and sunny! Here's a picture of part of La Universidad that we saw:





Hopefully that worked. Well, I'm going to see if my mama needs any help cooking dinner (we'll eat at about 9 or 10) and I'll try to put more photos on facebook in the next few days. Adios!

4 comments:

  1. gosh your blog is dumb, just like the link says.

    go read mine. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you arrived safe and sound. Wait til I finish my Spanish lessons and we'll see if you can beat me at the Wheel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi mama!! Glad to see you are eating peaches in spain and that you are well fed. obviously that is our biggest problem in life, we just can't seem to find enough food. NOT! I love you. Hopefully the high altitude in your life will give you the opposite of whatever asthma is aka AMAZING LUNG CAPACITY DISEASE!! I love you bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Hayleigh: Please cut back on your coffee intake. I am wired just reading your stuff!!! Lovva you.

    ReplyDelete